Right a month after my sister got a new htc desire 626g+ it dropped on the floor leaving it with a broken screen and a dead touchscreen. unless you do not repair it it came useless. So I tried my best – and voilá it is working again.
I bought a replacement (readily assembled display including touch screen digitizer) on ebay and worked my way through until I could replace the screen. As I could not find any tutorials on the internet yet I want to share my experience here.
My lessons to repair:
- Open the back cover of the phone
- Remove the surrounding frame. It can be removed with a plektron in the gap between the frame and the front cover
- Remove all screws on the back and carefully remove the plastic covering the electronics
- Now you can also remove the battery. It is glued with doublesided tape. Start by lifting it on the side that points to the usb plug. Then unplug the battery connector.
- Disconnect the two flex cables of the old display. You can see which cables they are when you already have your new display.
- In the battery compartment is a hole that let’s you see to the back side of the display.
- Now pick a hairdryer and warm up the front glass of the phone and try to get out the old display element. As it did not work so well for me I just destroyed the glass (actually it was already defective as it was split) and picked out the display partly until I had everything out.
- Then I cleaned the frame where the old display was taped and inserted the new display with new tape.
- Connect the cables and assemble everything again.
- I was happy that it booted up and everything worked.
- Be carefully and never use too much force. When doing so, you will definitely destroy something! All parts _can_ be removed without too much force and without destroying them (except for the display unit that I did not care about as it was already broken :-)
Here are some pictures showing the insides of the phone. Maybe it can help you repairing your own phone.